Sketches for Stack Exchange
What is this?
All files exhibited above have been created for the purpose of illustrating posts on Stack Exchange. They are canonically named $site_$q.$type where
- $site is the subdomain part of the corresponding Stack Exchange,
- $q is the question id (as seen in the URLs). If multiple files of the same type were used for the same question, an underscore followed by ordinals is appended.
$type is one of
- dot — a graph description that can be converted into images using the free Graphviz suite, e.g. dot -Tpng -ocs_411.png cs_411.dot. Note that graph layout can differ wildly depending on the algorithm used.
- gnuplot — a plotting script that can be converted into images using the free tool gnuplot, e.g. gnuplot cs_654.gnuplot.
- tex — LaTeX documents; translate with pdflatex (or any other LaTeX compiler). You may need some packages; generally, the latest Tex Live should work. If you want to translate the resulting PDF into an image, consider Imagemagick's convert.
- tikz — an image built with LaTeX package TikZ. Can be converted into images using scripts tikz2png and tikz2svg by the same author. You need a working LaTeX installation, preferably the latest Tex Live.
All files are subject to an MIT license.
© Raphael Reitzig 2016